In the Google map below you will see many color-coded rectangles. If you click on the corner of any rectangle it will ‘select’ and open a balloon with a link to the respective map. The rectangles show the map boundary and the color indicates the date of original publication. You can zoom in and drag the map to get a closer view of the rectangles.
Red = before 1800; Orange = 1800-1849; Yellow = 1850-1899; Blue = 1900-1949; Green = after 1950
Any map can be downloaded by clicking the links below.
- 47 Maps of Chinese Turkistan and Kansu by Aurel Stein--500 k scale
- 94 Maps of Chinese Turkistan and Kansu by Aurel Stein and surveyors--scale 253 k
- 1900 Muztagh-Ata and Lake Little Karakul by Stein.jpg (1.7 MiB)
- 1926 Lop Desert with routes by Aurel Stein.jpg (8.4 MiB)
- 1926 Upper Swat and Adjacent Areas by Stein.jpg (3.2 MiB)
- 1927 Chilas Darel and Tangir by Stein.jpg (3.6 MiB)
- 1927 Sistan by Stein.jpg (3.6 MiB)
- 1927 Sistan--Dry Helmand Delta by Stein.jpg (2.9 MiB)
- 1927 Waziristan and Northern Baluchistan by Stein.jpg (3.2 MiB)
- 1928 Pir-Sar and Environs by Stein.jpg (2.5 MiB)
- 1931 Kalat State showing sites surveyed by Aurel Stein.jpg (1.0 MiB)